Communications and Outreach Intern
Creative Learning, Maryland based not-for-profit organization, seeks a part-time Communications and Outreach Intern for its Aid to Artisans division (ATA). The internship will start immediately and will last for a minimum of one month (more if the intern is available). The internship will require 20 hours of work per week. All work will be performed remotely. This position will entail:
Aid to Artisans:
Aid to Artisans, is seeking an intern for its Artisan Business Lab (ABL) initiative. ABL aims to educate artisans about international artisanal trade through online training courses offered on an electronic resource platform. The courses address the benefits and practices of promoting artisanal goods in the US retail market.
- Maintain the contact database on Constant Contact
- Monitor Creative Learning’s info account
- Create content to promote ABL and Aid to Artisans’ services via social media and email
- Schedule content on Facebook, Instagram, and Linked-In
- Coordinate videoconference calls, phone calls, and respond to general inquiries about ABL
- Review both ATA and ABL to identify protentional areas for improvement
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Participate in Live Q&A sessions on ABL
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good presentation and problem-solving skills
- Some knowledge in marketing and business communication methods
- A general understanding of the e-learning area and its relation to the international artisan sector or international development
- Demonstrates creativity (in terms of solving problems and in graphic design)
- Independent worker: can set own goals an accomplish tasks on their own
- Ability to speak fluently another language is preferred but not required.
- Studying in fields such as: international development, computer science, government and political science, management, economics, and/or communications
- Students completing their second year of their bachelor’s degree or above can apply
Creative Learning (www.creativelearning.org) is located in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Please send a letter of interest and resume to RachelL@CreativeLearning.org with “Communications and Outreach Intern” in the subject line. Applicants must submit all materials to be considered. No phone calls please.